- With e-mail, use enclosed if the document is inside the body of the e-mail message, and use attached if the document is not inside the body – is added as an <attachment>.
subsequently, What does enclosed mean in a letter? If you enclose something with a letter, you put it in the same envelope as the letter. I have enclosed a check for $100. Synonyms: send with, include, put in, insert More Synonyms of enclose.
How do you say you have attached something? Here are a few alternatives:
- I’ve attached [item].
- Please have a look at the attached [item].
- The [item] you asked for is attached.
- Please refer to the attached [item] for more details.
- The attached [item] includes . . .
What does it mean to enclose something?
enclose, envelop, and fence mean to surround something and close it off. enclose is used of putting up barriers (as walls) or a cover around something so as to give it protection or privacy.
What is the synonym of the word enclosed? closed in, cordoned (off), fenced (in), hemmed (in), walled.
How do you say something is attached in a letter?
If you cite an attachment in the body, provide a brief notation at the bottom of the letter as well for quick reference. You can also cite the name or type of attachment, or number of pages before the notation. For example, you might note “2 Enc” or “Yearly Report Enclosed.”
What does meant by the word enclosed?
Definition of enclose transitive verb. 1a(1) : to close in : surround enclose a porch with glass. (2) : to fence off (common land) for individual use. b : to hold in : confine. 2 : to include along with something else in a parcel or envelope a check is enclosed herewith.
How do you say something is enclosed in a letter?
How to cite an enclosure in a business letter
- Add the closing to your letter. Before you cite an enclosure, add a closing to your business letter. …
- Note the enclosure underneath your signature. …
- Write down the title of the enclosure document. …
- Add a description if necessary.
How do you use enclosed?
Use “enclosed” in a sentence | “enclosed” sentence examples
- The football field is enclosed by a wall.
- She enclosed a check for $ 50 with the letter.
- All translated words should be enclosed in brackets.
- A set of samples is enclosed here.
- Cherbourg had a splendid harbour enclosed by a long sea wall.
Join our Business Guide Community and share you ideas today !